Friday, December 30, 2016

#FianceFriday: Tessa & Robert

Tessa + Robert: April 2017



How They Met:

Robert and I met in high school. We were best friends who grew into much more.



How He Asked:

The first time Robert proposed was on September 5, 2015. We had been dating almost four and a half years and we were going on our first long motorcycle trip together. We went to Robert's hometown of Robbins, NC to change out the flowers on his great-grandparent's and grandfather's graves; I hand made them fall bouquets. After we paid our respects, Robert and I went back to our motorcycle and he tapped me on the shoulder. When I turned around, Robert was on one knee. He pulled the ring out of his book bag (that I was wearing the entire time, by the way. He made me carry my own engagement ring around without my knowledge) and said, "I'll get you another one, but I can't imagine asking you to be my wife without my Granny's ring." He tried to finish the speech he prepared, but we both started crying, so we kissed instead. 

The second time Robert proposed was the day after our five year anniversary, April 16, 2016. We went to Oak Island, NC to stargaze. We were snuggled up on the beach when we saw a shooting star. We made wishes, both about having a happy life together. Robert told me to close my eyes because he had one more anniversary surprise for me. When I opened my eyes there was a beautiful pearl and diamond ring that he had custom made for me, because he knew pearls were my favorite gem.    



The Wedding:

Tessa and Robert will exchange their vows on the JW Brooks Deck of The RiverRoom in Downtown Wilmington followed by a reception inside in April 2017. We are so excited to be a part of their special day and can't wait to see their dream become a reality! Congratulations to the soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Cheek! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment