Thursday, June 9, 2011

Neatest Party Accessory Ever...


I'm going home to VA this weekend for the first time in a LONG time.  My mom is never going to invite me back because I am going straight to her back yard to make a mess making these ADORABLE chandelier, homemade decorations.  I don't know where I am going to put them or what I could possibly do with them but I am making them and it is going to be so much fun.  My roommates will probably wanna kill me when they come home to their living room snowing with creativity!!! 

I found this fantastic arts and crafts project from the blog Ruffled.  Go to the site for exact instructions. I'll give you the run down though... You'll need balloons, petroleum jelly, white school glue, corn starch, warm water, clear spray paint (fast drying), cotton yarn and a cord of some sort for hanging.  

1. corn starch, glue and water mixed all up in a big container (messsy!)
2. jelly up your balloon, make it nice and slippery and gross!
3. start getting the yarn nice and sticky and wrap it all around in any criss-cross, up and down, backward, sideways way you want
4. jelly up your balloon, make it nice and slippery and gross!
5. seal the end of the cotton string up nice and tight with another section of the wrapped string
6. let it dry for 24 hours and POP (careful though, I would make a small hole in the top and let it slowly deflate so it does not collapse the string!)
7. spray the ball with the clear spray paint, connect the string for hanging 
AND voilĂ 

Let me know what you use these for, guys!  I want pictures!  I think they would be BEAUTIFUL for a wedding reception outside, ceremony but especially a baby shower or bridesmaids tea or luncheon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment