Thursday, November 17, 2016

#FianceFriday: Brynn & Zack

Brynn + Zack: May 2017

Photo by: Kenny Martel

How They Met:

While in college, the Best Man and the Maid of Honor really helped orchestrate everything. The Best Man pointed Brynn out to me, and our mutual friend/ Brynn's roommate/ future Maid of Honor is the match-maker type. We planted the seed and let her run with things. We tried to have Brynn join us every time we got together, and I pretty quickly won her heart!

Photo by: Josh Smith

How He Asked:

Since Brynn is a huge Harry Potter fan (even bigger than myself), I knew it had to be at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Fate wanting everything to with this proposal, so everything seemed to fall into place. We were taking a trip to LA in March 2016, except the Harry Potter park wasn't opening until April. However, the Best Man (who lived in LA) was friends with someone who worked at Universal Studios, who was able to get us in early during the "test opening". Although he would be able to get us in, he could only do so if the park held one of the "sort openings" during our trip, which was something decided the night before the park opened. I decided to reach out to the park, just to be extra sure. Within a few days, they responded back to that they were thrilled about the idea, and were going to be sure we got in no matter the park's status. On March 4th (the night before Day 1 of our trip) we got word that when we landed, the park would be open and we were good to go. On the morning of March 5th, Brynn dressed in her Harry Potter t-shirt she had purchased a few days before, excited to visit the park. She had no idea what was coming. Our flight got delayed by a few hours, and I was worried we wouldn't make it to LA in time to get to the park. Between long overdue maintenance check and inevitable deplaning/ re-boarding, we ran into a man who, believe it or not, had a daughter who worked for Universal. He was sure to text her then and there to make sure we got to the park. Fate really wanted this to happen. We finally arrived in LA, where the weather was perfect. We picked up our rental car, drove to the park, and got in without a hiccup. I had hidden the ring box inside of "a bundle of socks" in my bag, and moved it to my pocket as we entered the park. After taking a few pictures, I was ready to get down on own knee. I went to grab the box, but it was too big for my back pocket and it got stuck. I was too far along now, so I had to fumble with it and keep going! I finally pulled the box free, after what I'm sure were nervous, anxious, and "is this what I think it is" giggles, and got down on one knee. She said yes and we both enjoyed the rest of our time at the park, a huge weight off my shoulders, and a little extra weight on her left hand! 

Photo by: Kenny Martel

The Wedding:

Brynn and Zack are set to say "I Do!" at The Atrium with their reception to follow at The RiverRoom in May 2017. We cannot wait to see what this Harry Potter loving couple has in store for their special day! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment